Financial company, Jersey City NJ
Core Java Architect
Contact: Simran 646 495 0906
Responsible for determining maintaining and enhancing existing system architecture. The individual must have a good understanding of systems architecture and best practices for infrastructure upgrades. Receives general direction from the Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Has heavy hands-on coding and Unit testing duties.
2.Will be responsible for liaising with the existing development team to develop core system level interfaces.
3.Responsible for understanding existing system architecture, and redesign key components to meet needs of the platform. This includes legacy J2EE Core components, database connectivity, and core application structure.
4.Assists in planning, organizing, and controlling technical related projects in the section.
5.May work with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
6.Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process.
7.May coordinate the activities of the section with the client area and other IT sections (e.g. data base, telecommunications, operations, technical support).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
1. Assist in coaching existing staff and oversea staff to understand and utilize enhanced system architecture.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Associates will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Java & J2EE Core Expert level
2. In-depth knowledge in any one of the Application Servers
3. Good Understanding of Application Security
4. Good Understanding about SOAP/Web Services
5. Database knowledge in one of the leading DB System
6. UML and Design Patterns
7. Knowledge in Managed Account Domain is Plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline with an advanced degree and at least five years, of systems analysis and program development experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in the securities industry or financial services industry.
1. Knowledge of securities industry or financial services experience, specifically knowledge on Wealth Management platforms or in the Managed Accounts space.
2. Sound knowledge of the client area’s function and systems.
3. In-depth knowledge of system and technology alternatives.
4. Broad knowledge of the system development life cycle.
5. Technical, hands-on knowledge of various high-level programming languages and program development software alternatives.
6. Effective managerial and leadership skills.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Strong problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
9. Ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staffs.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.