Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
As a Storage Administrator in our Centralized Operations department you will primarily be responsible for the implementation, support, maintenance and break fix of storage infrastructure which includes SAN Fabric, SAN Disk, NAS Disk and CAS Disk. You will also maintain storage management software products like Cisco Fabric Manager, ECC, Operations Manager and any other products that help management the storage environment.
Must have great communication skills. This person will be providing high level 3rd level support…they want someone who is polished and can speak and deal at with upper management. The salary is $90-$115k and is bonus eligible at 10%. Must have VMAX
· Creates the storage architecture, policies, and operational considerations and current usage of storage technologies.
· Drives recommendations to improve SLAs and increase utilization of the storage infrastructure investment.
· Drives the incident and problem management activities.
· Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
· Monitor storage activity for the in-scope environment.
· Perform routine maintenance activities as it relates to storage infrastructure.
· Participates in the planning, approval, and implementation of approved Change Management requests.
· Generate regular operational reports using supplied tools.
· Leads the storage capacity measurement and planning.
· Drives with detailed technical planning for future initiatives.
· Recommends changes to procedures which result in operational optimization and improved SLAs.
· Creates with operational documentation.
· Prepares a documented storage management, policy and/or architecture process improvement report that outlines operational, technical or support areas that could be significantly improved.
· Ensure all storage devices are properly configured and supported.
· Documents operational best practice processes and procedures related to the storage environment.
· Works with engineering to define the new storage architecture.
· Works with vendors who support our storage devices.
· Responsible for weekly review and analysis of service management data (incidents, changes, requests)
· Works with members of the Storage and Server Operations Teams to perform testing and improve procedures related to storage and disaster recovery
· Ensures all pre-requisites are in place to ensure DR tests are executed successfully
· Participate in DR tests
· Identify opportunities to reduce costs associate with storage infrastructure through application of process improvements or new technology
· Some travel (up to 25%) required to visit data centers and DR test sites
· College Degree preferred.
· 5-7 years experience as a storage administrator.
o Experience with EMC VMAX, DMX, Clariion, Centera, Celera storage devices.
o Experience with NetApp Filer technology is preferred.
o Experience with Cisco SAN Fabric switches.
o OS Administration: Solaris, Linux, Windows, AIX, HP-UX
· In-depth knowledge of ECC product to manage storage devices.
· In-depth knowledge of Cisco Fabric Manager to manage SAN Switches.
· Experience with SAN fabrics, SAN, NAS & CAS Disk architectures.
· Scripting skills preferred.
· Must have a thorough understanding and experience in O/S security (rights, privileges, accounts), hardening (upgrades/patches) techniques, remote access/management techniques (SSH, remote console) and volume management.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or seven years experience in storage technology field.
· Must have vendor management experience and have worked in a distributed environment.
· Knowledge of network protocols and network topology, with specific Fibre Channel and iSCSI protocol knowledge preferred
· Unix, Linux, and/or Windows Server operating systems experience.
· Demonstrated ability to translate/communicate complex concepts to peers and business partners
· Availability after normal business hours required