Leads various different financial tasks to support the business and foster better decision making by management. Prepares reports of findings and recommendations to management. Develops, maintains, and establishes operational specifications for financial information systems considering such things as information flow, volume, and document format for data processing equipment.
• Leads complex technical analysis to report on future and current financial performance. This includes analyses on budgets, forecasts, operating results, business plans and investment opportunities.
• Gain a core understanding of the S&M function with the business including how a generic business operates, the annual and LE forecast process, month end close procedures and reporting requirements
• Develop and enhance key financial measurements and business metrics used to critically assess the top line and Gross Margin of the business.
• Understand the value proposition offered in external collaborations and the financial impacts of opportunities
• Bring a focused energy and disciplined approach to everyday work and share critical insights, knowledge of business and processes employed by S&M team with Finance peers
• Be a team player and respected throughout the organization
• Reporting (Month End & Planning Cycles)
• Update our Commercial operations database for sales, units and cost to ensure actual and plan data is properly calculated. Verify data against final reported information via system.
• Complete financial analysis and value added information / commentary that enable management to best understand variances from forecasts and LEs
• Verify that financials are appropriately stated and develops commentary for consolidated results
• Complete all slides required in the Monthly Business Review deck for and our LE/TGT decks and explains key variances. Leverages business understanding and market trends to support executive summary for Sr. MGT.
• Responsible for reporting sales and COGS within FCRS & SPMR systems. This includes the management of the data in our planning tool as well as all off-line files and performs reconciliations to final results generated from reporting.
• Responsible for profitability assessments and Investment approval preparation regarding new product launches
• Provide technical and analytical support for the 5yr Strategic Plan. This includes running excel based modeling, updating/creating Power Point slides, and version control
• Provides finance support for IP legal case decision making linking multiple case scenarios outcomes with commercial opportunities.
• Responsible for completing full P&L, NPV, ENPV, IRR and cash flow impact of legal case work.
• Support potential BD&L AGx opportunities including but not limited to completion of financial analysis including but not limited to (P&L construction, NPV, ENPV, IRR) through excel modeling.
• Support Sales & Marketing, partnering with them to help grow the business
Minimum requirements 8+ Years with BA, 6+ Years with MBA
CONNORSMORGAN is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a temporary, consulting, or permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit, collections, payroll, bookkeeper, accounting clerk, junior accountant, accountant, staff accountant, senior accountant, financial analyst, financial reporting, financial management, auditor, public accounting, tax, cost accountant, accounting manager, controller, treasurer, VP of finance, CFO, Sarbanes-Oxley Consultant, SOX, fixed assets, account reconciliation, cash applications, journal entries, general ledger maintenance, bank reconciliation’s, trial balance preparation, financial reporting, month-end, GAAP, SEC, quarterly and year-end close, financial statements, budgeting, CPA, CMA, planning, internal controls, tax return preparation, forecasts and variance analyses, internal management reports, consolidations, foreign currency management, profit and loss, internal controls, inventory, sales tax, multi state, property tax and payroll tax
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.