• Participate in an annual risk assessment to help develop the risk assessment and annual audit plan for each of the Company’s segments/subsidiaries.
• Coordinate Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance testing engagements
• Design and execute audits to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and operational controls, the reliability and accuracy of data and information systems, and the adequacy of controls over segregation of duties, safeguarding of Corporate assets, and corporate governance.
• Work with management to develop cost effective internal control improvements and help foster a control conscious environment. This includes interfacing with Senior Management to ensure operations and financial reporting are operating effectively
• Evaluate and assess significant merging / consolidating functions and new or changing services, processes, operations, information technology implementations, and control processes coincident with development, implementation or expansion to ensure adequate internal controls have been considered.
• Coordinate regularly with the external auditors to ensure internal controls and SOX 404 testing are performed efficiently and that issues are resolved timely.
• Expert knowledge of financial processes, accounting principles, and audit standards
• Comprehensive understanding and management of SOX 404 program
• Experience operating in a international publicly-traded company with complex accounting systems
• Strong written and oral communication skills to document and communicate audit results
• Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices and regulations.
• Travel estimated at approximately 20-25%.
• 5-7 years of audit / accounting related experience, including 3+ years managing SOX compliance program for publicly-traded company
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
• CPA, CIA, and/or CISA certification
• Public accounting in Big 4 or large international firm, consulting (external audit or business risk services) and Corporate Internal Audit experience preferred
• Information system audit experience a plus
CONNORSMORGAN is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit, collections, payroll, bookkeeper, accounting clerk, junior accountant, accountant, staff accountant, senior accountant, financial analyst, financial reporting, financial management, auditor, public accounting, tax, cost accountant, accounting manager, controller, treasurer, VP of finance, CFO, Sarbanes-Oxley Consultant, SOX, fixed assets, account reconciliation, cash applications, journal entries, general ledger maintenance, bank reconciliation’s, trial balance preparation, financial reporting, month-end, GAAP, SEC, quarterly and year-end close, financial statements, budgeting, CPA, CMA, planning, internal controls, tax return preparation, forecasts and variance analyses, internal management reports, consolidations, foreign currency management, profit and loss, internal controls, inventory, sales tax, multi state, property tax and payroll tax.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.