The Assistant Controller is responsible to manage and direct the accounting & financial functions the Company’s manufacturing division. This includes internal and corporate financial reporting, accounting policies and procedures, financial analysis, general accounting, consolidation of foreign subsidiaries, treasury, accounts payable, payroll, credit and collections, accounts receivable, and cost accounting.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL THRIVE IN A VERY FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT AND HAVE COST ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE
The following responsibilities are considered essential to the success of the position:
• Manage monthly and quarterly close process.
• Manage the general and endowment accounting functions, financial reporting, and accounts payable.
• Coordinate the annual external audits and meet all deadlines.
• Continuously develop, create and provide useful reports to better manage the operational activities of the Division.
• Reconcile the General Ledger P&L with the Operations P&L on a monthly basis and ensure that the accounting staff have researched and resolved all reconciliation differences.
• Perform reconciliation of expenditure accounts.
• Ensure company accounting practices, policies and procedures are in compliance with GAAP.
• Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 documentation and compliance.
• Develop internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Develop best practices within corporate finance department. Assisting to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Responsible for staff training and development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
• At least four years in a public accounting staff role; including experience managing an Accounting department; previous experience with audits.
• 7+ years of manufacturing experience preferred; electronics industry experience is highly preferred.
• Expert knowledge of GAAP accounting fundamentals and principles.
• In-depth experience with financial modeling and analysis.
• Ability to explain Accounting principles to non-Accountants.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze issues and provide recommendations to solve complex issues related to finance.
• Desire and ability to work extended and somewhat flexible hours depending on the business needs of the organization.
• Sarbanes Oxley experience preferred.
• Above average verbal/written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel a must.
CONNORSMORGAN is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit, collections, payroll, bookkeeper, accounting clerk, junior accountant, accountant, staff accountant, senior accountant, financial analyst, financial reporting, financial management, auditor, public accounting, tax, cost accountant, accounting manager, controller, treasurer, VP of finance, CFO, Sarbanes-Oxley Consultant, SOX, fixed assets, account reconciliation, cash applications, journal entries, general ledger maintenance, bank reconciliation’s, trial balance preparation, financial reporting, month-end, GAAP, SEC, quarterly and year-end close, financial statements, budgeting, CPA, CMA, planning, internal controls, tax return preparation, forecasts and variance analyses, internal management reports, consolidations, foreign currency management, profit and loss, internal controls, inventory, sales tax, multi state, property tax and payroll tax.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.